Saturday, September 2, 2017

Motivated and Ready

Hello everyone!

Sorry if you’ve been waiting for an update or waiting to see what I have to say. It’s been a hard couple of days. For those that don’t know, I didn’t make it through to Stage 2. I was incredibly close and I honestly thought I was going to make it through. I played the third round in the morning so I had all afternoon to wait and watch to see if the cut line would move and obviously it didn't. I was devastated. Only a few holes got me in trouble. Some mental mistakes and a couple bad breaks cost me a spot on the final day. I played some amazing golf so there’s a lot of positives to take from the two weeks I was out west and I had two of the best caddies a girl could ask for! (My dad and boyfriend) It's taken me nearly a week to become "ok" with the outcome of last week, but I'm getting more and more motivated by the day. 

I’ve taken this past week to get back into some sort of a routine although today I realized I haven’t really done that, LOL. I’ve been sleeping in and sitting in my sun room looking outside a lot. I’ve been thinking about what happened and what’s next. For some reason I’ve been thinking about what’s next like something is supposed to change, but I’ve realized nothing really needs to change. I just need to keep my head down and keep working hard.
Football season has officially started and I will say I draw a lot of motivation and inspiration from these guys. I love watching college football because there are so many inspirational stories out there plus these guys are playing football because they LOVE it. They’re solely motivated to become the very best! I am a huge Michigan fan  (Go Blue!) and I am currently watching the game versus the Florida Gators. Earlier Chris Evans had on a blue collar button down and I guess the guys have been wearing those around to remind themselves that they have to work hard in order to be successful. I think that’s so cool and something that’ll definitely motivate me to get better by working hard. 

“Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.”

I’m excited to see what’s next and I’m excited to really get back to work and improve on every aspect of my game. As many of you know this lifestyle isn’t cheap and next season will be my most expensive one yet as I anticipate to play in a few Symetra events. I have a GoFundMe account and if you feel lead to give I would be forever grateful! If not, maybe you could add an extra prayer for me :) Either way I appreciate all the support!

Xo, Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment