Thursday, December 12, 2013

Let the Healing begin

"Sometimes the healing is in the aching."

It really does hurt when you have to let someone go, and I think it just takes time to allow yourself to heal. Sometimes you have to start back over and remember the positive things about letting go..no matter how hard it is, you have to also let go of the negatives of losing this person. And in reality you never really lose that person; sometimes physically you do, but mentally you never have to rid that person from your mind. You can still remember all the memories you've shared and all the plans you had written down. Sometimes though, life throws you curveballs and we must either move out of the way or hit them into left field.

The tears I allowed to just stream down my face are now swept away. They help with the pain. I don't know if or when this pain and stinging will go away, but sometimes I don't think I want it to because it's still the only thing holding me to him. I'm hoping one day it'll come back to normal, maybe not completely the way things used to be, but back to the laughter and friendship. I think that's what I'm going to miss the most: having someone who completely cares for you and would just sit and hold you for as long as you needed. Sometimes you need to lose something in order to find what you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment