Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Those Moments

It's amazing how one single thing, one person, one moment in time can change your mood instantly. For the past two Mondays I've been lucky enough to have this experience and coincidentally it has been in the same spot with many of the same people and basically the same topic of discussion.

If you take one moment to look back on your life up to this moment, how many times are you able to say that one small thing or a single person changed your attitude within a second? As I sit here myself and reflect upon this idea I realize there have been many a time when this has happened to me, but the more I think about it the more I realize that many of these moments weren't as significant as the past two have been because I have made these moments that significant. For all the others I allowed the opportunity to slip past me and continue on through my life like many other things. What I now realize is that I have to build upon these moments because although they do happen to me I need to make them important in order to continue to feel as good as I do when it happens. Maybe then these moments will mean more if my mood is already as high as they normally make me feel.

Sometimes it's just about discovering something new or being reminded about something that you've known for quite some time; whatever it is, it really doesn't matter, what matters is whether or not you allow these moments to slip by. I think these moments are part of God's graces to us and it's up to us whether or not we will build upon them. He gives us the opportunities we ask for, and even when we don't ask, so why not continue to grow and build on what we're given?

No comments:

Post a Comment