Saturday, August 13, 2016

California Bound

Hello :) So for those of you that are following along on my journey I thought I'd give you a small update on me and my thoughts about the next two weeks.

Tomorrow my parents and I fly out to Palm Springs, California where we will be there for two weeks! Next week Tuesday-Thursday, 8/16-8/18, I will be playing in the Q-school prep event hosted by the NWGA Tour. After that I will have the weekend to relax and prepare for the biggest tournament of my summer so far, Stage 1 of LPGA Qualifying School. Round 1 of Q-school begins 8/25 and everyone will play three rounds then there will be a cut then the 4th round will be on that Sunday and a certain number of players will make the cut and head to Stage 2.

With all that being said, I'll be honest...I'm a little nervous. But if there's one thing I've learned about nerves it's that they aren't a bad thing. It just means I care about what's happening, but I also have to shake those nerves off once I get going. I am also very excited. How can I not be?! I wake up every morning and I get to go outside and play the sport that I love. Every day I get to wake up and push myself to be the absolute best athlete I can be.

I love quotes and I love being inspired by people and their stories. The Olympics came at the perfect time for me. I love not only watching sports, but I love watching the passion these athletes have. I'm an emotional person already, but if I see someone crying out of pure happiness I tend to join them from the other side of the television screen. These athletes have worked for years and have dedicated their lives to their sport and that motivates me to want to be my absolute best.

God has given me this amazing talent and I don't know exactly where He is leading me, but for right now I am taking what He's giving me and doing my best to bring honor and glory to His name.

I'll be blogging throughout these next two weeks and keeping ya'll up to date about what's going on, but some exciting news! My mom will be blogging while she's in California with me :) So look forward to those as well! I'll be putting the links up for live scoring on my website if you want to check that out! www.jelsholz.com But for now thank you for all the support and I'm looking forward to the weeks to come!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment