Saturday, August 6, 2016

Golf, Golf, Golf

In all honesty, I'm not very good at blog posts about golf. I do have a golf journal, but thinking about it now I haven't written in it about my golf rounds in a while :/ Writing to me is all about my creative juices flowing and words just coming out and onto the paper. I've never been good just writing about my golf rounds. I talk to my dad a lot about how a round went, and we talk about the improvements I need to make for the next time, but it's hard to write about them, but none the less I'm going to try and write about my golf tournaments more often! Especially for those of you who are following my golf career :)

I was on the road the past two weeks playing in a couple different tournaments. I went and played up at Boyne Mountain in the Michigan Tournament of Champions. It is a really cool event because players who play in it have won a Michigan sanctioned event! Since I won the GAM Women's Championship and the Michigan Women's Amateur during the summer of 2014 I get a lifetime invite to the tournament! What makes it so unique is that both men and women play against each other and they use four different set of tees! I have never played against men in a tournament, I have only played with my dad and some of his buddies at our home golf course just for fun so it was a cool experience! I played really well shooting 73,74,71 for a two over par total which left me in a tie for 22nd place. (Plus I beat some men so that is always fun!:)

Earlier this week, mom and I went down to Defiance, Ohio to play in the Ohio Women's Open. I again played well shooting 74, 71 (par 71) for a three over par total and that was good enough for 4th place!

I've seen a lot of improvements in my game over the past few months and I'm really excited to see what's to come! I have one more week of good practice before I head out to California for q-school! I'll actually be playing in a prep event hosted by the NWGA tour the week before q-school so we're going to be out there for just over two weeks, but it'll be a good adventure :)

As I'm sure some of you know golf is an expensive sport and playing professional is not cheap so because of this fact I thought it time to ask for some help. I have set up a GoFundMe account for anyone who feels lead to give. The link is below and I would appreciate any little thing! (Even just a quick visit to the site:)

https://www.gofundme.com/jelsholz

Thank you all and have a blessed day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment