Thursday, August 18, 2016

The Golf Mom's first Blog :)

Hello Everyone! I am Jennifer’s mom. I thought it would be fun to help Jennifer by guest blogging.  But before I start to tell you about our time in California I need to thank everyone.  Michael, Jen’s dad, and I are overwhelmed with the amount of support that Jennifer is receiving. The one thing we have learned on this journey is you can’t do it alone. You need help.  So thank you very much. You would be amazed at how far a tiny message of “Good Luck” goes. Jennifer always tells me about who wished her luck either via text message, Facebook post, Instagram, or Twitter. They all mean a lot to her and go a long way in her knowing she isn’t alone on this journey.

Okay, now onto our California adventure. Today, Jennifer just finished a three day tournament.  This tournament is to prep for the Q-School Tournament next week.  Jennifer played well. Her scores were 73-75-76. But let’s talk about the heat.  We are in Palm Springs, California. The temperature was 115° …. and yes, I walked the golf course all three rounds, and her dad was her caddie.  It is hot.  Next week during Q-School it should only be about 105°. Thank goodness not as hot. The thing is though, it is beautiful out here.  When we are on the course and look out we see the mountains.  When we drive around, we see the mountains.  The sun is bright. It looks absolutely gorgeous out. But when we step outside, it’s HOT!!! I usually never go swimming and I always say it’s too cold and the temperature needs to be in the 90s for me to go swimming.  Well guess what I did yesterday after walking 18 holes on the golf course? I went swimming and the water felt so wonderful!

Other observations I have made here in Palm Springs: I saw a road runner yesterday as we were leaving for the golf course.  I have also seen a bunch of hummingbirds. This morning our tee time was at 8AM. (90°) and the hummingbirds were out in full force which was so cool to see!  When the sun is shining on the golf course you like to find shade so you find every tree you can.  Luckily, I was able to find shade.  The trees that give off very little shade are the tall palm trees.  These skinny trees are stingy with the shade as you can imagine, but the palm trees on holes 5 and 18 remind me of the movie “It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World.” Do you remember that movie? It was from 1963 staring Spencer Tracy and a bunch of other famous actors.  They were all searching for buried money. And if I remember correctly the money was under a big “W.”  Well the palm trees here remind me of that “W” at the end of the movie. (When you are on the golf course as much as I am, I need to think about other things to help calm my nerves as Jennifer golfs).

Thank you all for following Jennifer as she works to earn her way onto the LPGA. She is ready to go! 

Thegolfmom
 #TeamElsholz #believe

No comments:

Post a Comment